Dr. Valerie Gorman, Waxahachie-based breast cancer surgeon and Chief of Surgery at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Waxahachie, will lead four surgeons visiting from China in a half-day Breast Cancer Treatment Symposium Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
The symposium schedule is as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. Greetings Will Turner, CEO, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Waxahachie
- Welcome & Overview Valerie J. Gorman, MD, FACS, Breast Surgeon, Chief of Surgery, Medical Director Surgical Services
- 8:30 a.m. Tour of Mammography Department
- 9:15 a.m. Tour of Surgical Suite
- 10:00 a.m. Tour of Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Waxahachie
Presentations at Waxahachie Civic Center
- 10:45 a.m. Use of Hologic’s BioZorb® in Intraoperative and Postoperative Treatment of Breast Cancer Valerie Gorman
- 11:00 a.m. Reconstructive Surgery After Mastectomy Erez Dayan
- 11:20 a.m. Effectiveness and Outcomes of SBRT Using BioZorb® Rufus Mark, Director of Radiation Oncology
- 11:40 a.m. Questions & Discussion
The first half of the Symposium is a walking tour and demonstration in the Surgical Suite, the second half takes place at the Waxahachie Civic Center and consists of presentations and discussion by Dr. Valerie Gorman (breast surgeon), Dr. Rufus Mark (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Erez Dayan (plastic reconstructive surgeon).
The four surgeons visiting from China are in the Dallas area this week to attend the American Society of Breast Surgeons annual clinical meeting at the Hilton Anatole Hotel.
Dr. Gorman has pioneered advanced breast cancer treatment in North Texas as the only breast surgeon offering 5-day SBRT (Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy) to patients whose breast cancer qualifies for such treatment. Dr. Gorman and her colleagues at the Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Waxahachie are currently presenting research on this breakthrough treatment procedure at medical conferences around the world.
Dr. Gorman will be available for interviews following the event. Dr. Gorman recently traveled internationally herself as an invited speaker at the prestigious St. Gallen International Breast Cancer Conference in Vienna, Austria.
|Company Name:||Texas Breast Center|
|Contact Person:||Greg Gorman|
|Address:||2460 S INTERSTATE 35 EAST SERVICE RD SUITE 215|